Ok, so I know the term ‘meatloaf’ may be a turn off for some, but bear with me! The first time I made this Pro requested I add it to the rotation — his sign of approval! The sauce here really makes it, so make sure you don’t omit it!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (or 2 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard (I used chipoltle)
- 1/8 tsp (or a few shakes) nutmeg
1) Saute garlic, frozen spinach, and mushrooms until the spinach is wilted and fully thawed and the mushrooms seem cooked through.
2) Mix all other meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in sauteed vegetables.
3) Dump contents of bowl onto sprayed baking sheet (I suggest one with sides as things may get juicy!)
4) Spread meatloaf with a fork into a rectangle shape so it is approximately 1 1/2″ thick.
5) Put the loaf into the oven at 350°F.
6) Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Take the loaf back out of the oven and spread the sauce evenly over the top and sides.
7) Put the loaf back into the oven and bake it for a total of approximately 30-35 minutes, until it is brown all the way through and no longer pink. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then ENJOY!!